First Married Thanksgiving


Today I am taking a break from the wedding blog posts to share what we did on our first married Thanksgiving. I was extremely excited for our first married holiday. We spent last year going separate ways since we knew it would be  our last year so this year was super special.

Crawford had to work until 7 on Wednesday. His extended family always gets together the night before Thanksgiving and sadly we had to miss it. I think Craw was feeling a bit down but by the time we would have gotten there, everyone would be leaving. So, I came up with a plan in which we would eat pizza, watch movies, snuggle with Hank, and just enjoy our time alone.

Let's just say that didn't happen either and I am perfectly okay with that. Our neighbors invited us over so I went and hung out with them while I waited for Craw to get off work. Then, my sister and Luke (her boyfriend) came over and we decided to order pizza and hang out. The boys went to get the pizza and while they were gone, Granice (my parents: Gregg and Janice) stopped by. We sat, and talked, and ate lots of pizza for nearly 2 hours. It was awesome just getting to spend time just the 6 of us because that never happens. Once they all left, my neighbors came over and we hung out with them for another hour. It really was a great night, even if it wasn't quite how we planned it.

Thanksgiving morning, we woke up and went to get breakfast in our pajamas. We got Bojangles and came back and ate breakfast in bed while watching the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. IT WAS AWESOME!! Definitely a new tradition I want to start.

We then got ready and headed to my Aunt Debbie's house for Thanksgiving with the Owens. This was our second Thanksgiving without grandma and while it was a little easier, I still felt the emptiness of her presence. We ate tons of food, sung songs with my sister, and then took lots of family pictures.

First married Thanksgiving!!


My family: Mom, Dad, Hillary, and Luke. Love them more than anything!


Sister Sister!!


Hillary and Luke


Group picture with majority of the Owens clan.

After we left my aunts, we picked up Hank and headed straight to Louisburg. Crawfords mom cooked a FEAST! I have never seen someone cook that much food by themselves. It was delicious and she even made my favorites: homemade macaroni and cheese and baked beans!

I loved being with his family and sitting at the table and listening to them share childhood stories. The boys may fight a lot but there is no greater love/bond than those Bolton boys. Sadly, I didn't get any pictures with them but I will make up for it at Christmas!!

After we ate, we decided to attempt to get the Black Friday deal Target was offering on the iPads. We coerced Casey in to riding with us and we had an awesome time! We scored our iPad and Casey even got one! 

I loved being with my family, sharing new traditions with my in-laws, and spending the whole day with my husband. I can't wait for all of the future holidays we will share together.

No comments