To my baby boy...

It’s been a while and there is so much of Camden’s story that I still need to share and I plan to in the near future. However, today is my last day at home with my sweet boy. After 8 glorious weeks, I will be returning to work tomorrow and I wanted to capture my thoughts and feelings before I do in a letter that I will one day share with Camden.


Camden Ivey,

I have so many emotions flooding through me today as I spend my last day at home with you. You are currently napping so it’s the perfect opportunity to write you this letter. Exactly 8 weeks ago, I received a call that forever changed my world. I never expected the call to come so soon but it turns out it was the blessing we didn’t even realize we needed. You are our blessing. Our journey to you wasn’t the easiest but God promised to fulfill the desires of my heart in His timing and He certainly did just that. 

The first two weeks with you are best described as a rollercoaster experience. We had to say goodbye to daddy for a week and that just about broke your mamas heart. However, it made me realize that I can be self sufficient and that I will always do anything for you. It also made me realize that I’m a good mama and that I need to allow myself grace as I was always questioning if I was doing the whole parenting thing correctly. You, of course, were the best baby in those 2 weeks and were what got your daddy and I through the wait for travel approval. You were our miracle in motion and we just had to be patient and wait.

The next six weeks were spent at home where I got to watch and learn from you every day. You sure did change super fast. Before I knew it, you were holding your head up, smiling, cooing, eating and sleeping like a champ, and being a joy to everyone around you. You even let mama sleep in some days. You especially loved our lunch dates with friends and daddy. Our nights were filled with lots of daddy snuggles and you definitely became a pro at eating out. Mama promises to do a better job cooking soon. You also fell in love with your brother, Hank, and loved his kisses. Sometimes I would catch you staring at him and I know y’all will be best friends one day.

These 8 weeks were the best of my entire life. Don’t get me wrong, they had some hard moments, but you were/still are/always will be worth it. Tomorrow things are going to be a little different. You’re not going to see me as much during the day but you’re going to have the best time at your Aunt Rebekah’s. But don’t you worry, our nights will consist of all the Camden snuggles you can imagine. I’ve often thought what it would be like if I was a stay at home mom and the truth is, I’m going to be the best version of myself for you as a full time working mom. I will certainly miss you like crazy during the day but it will not take away a single ounce of love I have for you. If anything, it’s going to make me love you more because time is going to be more precious to me. You are a gift to us that we will never take for granted and I fully believe that one day, you will change the world for the better. God started writing your story the day you were conceived and your daddy and I are honored that He saw fit to make you ours. I love you with all my heart and I promise that the best is yet to come.

Love always,

Your Mama



 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

1 comment

  1. Love your precious heartfelt post, Audrey!
    Praying for you as you transition back to work tomorrow. Much love to your sweet family!!
    Mama T

    ReplyDelete