Camden Ivey | Three Months



Our sweet guy turned 3 months old yesterday. I've always heard the phrase "time flies" but never truly understood it until we got Camden. He has grown so much over the last month and every day is so exciting with him.


Weight

We are thinking at least 15 pounds. We didn't go to the doctor this month but the last time we went, he was 13 pound 8 ounces so I'm pretty sure he has hit 15 by now.

Eat

He is eating 6 ounces every 3-4 hours during the day. Around week 11, he decided he didn't want to finish his bottles and I think it was due to a developmental leap. However, he seems to be back on track now. He is getting 6 bottles a day right now.

Sleep

Camden has always been a really great sleeper. He goes down around 9 pm each night and is generally making it until 5-5:30 before he is ready for a bottle. We did have one morning where I had to wake him up at 6:45 but that has only happened once. While it would be nice to drop that 5-5:30 feeding, it's kind of nice because he always goes back to sleep and on weekends, he will easily sleep until 8-8:30. He will occasionally wake up in the middle of the night and cry out but he usually goes back to sleep once we give him his paci or pat his back and let him know we are there. He is still swaddled for now but I know we will need to stop soon. I'm dreading it because we tried two nights ago to get him to sleep the whole night in a sleep sack and he woke up every 30 minutes since his arms weren't swaddled. I don't think he's quite ready so hopefully in another week or two, he will be better when we transition him.

Milestones

This month was so fun with Camden. He is really starting to get his personality and his smiles melt my heart. This month he spent the night away with his Mimi and Pappy for the first time and he did great. He also celebrated his daddy and Mimi's birthdays. He has really developed some leg strength and loves to stand up while you hold him. He is talking up a storm and his pitch is getting higher. He experienced his first Easter and was dedicated this month...a post on that coming soon. He also made the Louisburg paper as the Franklin Face.



Likes

He loves being outside and going for walks in the stroller. We transitioned him to the actual stroller seat instead of the infant carrier and he LOVES it. He also loves to smile and talk. He hasn't laughed yet but I can tell it's coming. He is also obsessed with ceiling fans and lights but I think that is every baby in general. He is starting to notice his toys and will grab them and try to put them in his mouth.

Dislikes

Oh my word, he hates being hot and he hates being held too much. He doesn't mind to be held for a few minutes but he will start to squirm and then scream if he is held for too long. The minute we put him down, he is instantly happy. I think he gets hot when people hold him and that boy is the most hot natured baby I have ever met.

Clothes

He is in 3 month clothes. I can tell his sleepers are starting to get a little small so we will be moving up to 3-6 month any day now.

Camden Ivey, you are so very special to us. I didn't know life could be this special and it's all because of you. When I'm having a rough day, your smile will instantly brighten it. Mommy had some bumps in the road this month but you sure did take them like a champ and never seemed to mind. You are a 'go with the flow' baby unless you're hot or hungry. We love you so incredibly much and I'm excited to see what the next month holds.












 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

3 comments

  1. Ok I am dying here because everything you say is true and he is so much like y’all it is not even funny - humor me here! He likes the out doors and to go to go but also needs his sleep! And when he has hit the wall he is done! Love you Aud but you know someone else like that. Don’t you? Actually two people!

    Oh and now you understand how it is impossible that I have a 6 and 8 year old. My fav baby age is 4 months (personality gets even better) and my fav toddler age is 4 (when you can actually reason with them). It is true the days are long and the years are short- what a wise mama you are! You know exactly what Sweet Camden needs! We love him and your family so much. Can’t wait to watch him grow up. When he gets mobile what out!!! :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! I guess he is like his mama!! :) at least you are aware of my crazy and that when I hit that wall, I'm done. LOL And I can't get over your kids. Time sure does fly.

      Delete
  2. wow...awesome.
    have a great day.

    https://scienceleisure.blogspot.com/2018/04/biodiversity-hotspot-of-north-american.html

    ReplyDelete