Christmas Day 2019

I am extremely behind on everything in life right now so I am trying to play catch up. I will be back dating some of these posts so that I can catch up but its so important for me to be able to look back on these posts one day and relive each moment. Today I want to talk about Christmas Day!

Christmas day was absolutely perfect. We woke up around 7 and Craw and I were so excited to go get Camden out of his crib. His face LIT UP when he saw all of the gifts Santa left for him. It was the perfect moment followed by his big surprise outside: a new playhouse. He loved it so much and seeing his face light up on Christmas morning will forever live in my mind. After we opened gifts, I started cooking a casserole and my parents and nanny and Big Pa came over for breakfast.

We enjoyed coffee, sausage & egg casserole, cinnamon roll casserole, and lots of fruit and OJ. It was nice to be able to sit and enjoy family without having to rush here and there. I told Craw that breakfast at our house is my favorite part of Christmas and is a tradition that I pray we can continue to do for many years. 

After breakfast, we hung out at the house and took naps before it was time to head to my parents house. At their house, we enjoyed reading the Christmas story and Camden enjoyed looking at pictures while Pappy read. We then opened gifts, took pictures, enjoyed a wonderful home cooked meal, and then did stocking stuffers. It was slow paced and just the way I liked it. 

I told Craw that it was so nice to be able to just "be" this year. I feel like I was able to be fully present and enjoy the season with my family. Sure, there were definitely times we were rushing here and there but we truly focused on what was important: Jesus and family. I cant wait for us to be able to start new traditions as Camden gets older and starts understanding the true meaning behind why we celebrate. Christmas through a child's eyes is truly magical and I'm so thankful that God blessed us with the best baby boy in the world. 















 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments