Adoption Story Part Five: Last Week in Florida


In case you missed them:
Part One | Part Two | Part Three | Part Four


Our last week in Florida started off with a bang. My parents helped me move in to a new rental for a week and mom even kept Camden in her room so that I could get a full night of sleep. It was glorious and Craw was flying back the next day so I was one happy girl.


On Friday, Craw flew in to an airport that was about 90 minutes from where we were staying so my parents watched Camden while I set off to get him. It was nice because it allowed me to have some down time, grab Starbucks, and see Craw by myself for a few. It was so good to have him back after 5 days of him being back in NC. When I booked his return flight for Friday, I booked a round trip flight for him to return back to NC on Monday but he worked it out where he could stay for another week in Florida so I didn't have to stay by myself. It was nice knowing that he didn't have to leave but we were taking a gamble that we would get travel approval sometime the next week. That was the worst part of the whole trip...knowing we had no idea when we would get the call. We had the new rental booked until the following Friday so we started praying right away we would get approval by then.


Saturday we spent the day with my parents. We showed them the hospital where Camden was born and got to take some pictures. I'm omitting them from the blog for privacy reasons. We did a little shopping and just enjoyed the day together. Mom and dad watched Camden while Craw and I went out on a date that night. We never pass up a chance to go on a date.


Sunday was tough as we said goodbye to my parents. It was hard watching them leave not knowing when we would see them again but it was also nice because this was the very first time it was just us with our baby. It was our first real bonding experience and I will forever cherish those days of being just us in Florida.


We spent the rest of the week just waiting. Camden had a follow up doctors appointment on Wednesday and we found out that NC had our paperwork. The agency thought we would be getting the call that day but the call never came and we were BUMMED. When I say bummed, I mean I started freaking out. We had one day left before we had to move out of the current rental house and I knew Craw could not stay past the weekend for work reasons. That meant buying another flight and it was just a mess.


Thursday morning we woke up and I started praying...HARD. I really felt like the call was going to come but we watched hour after hour go by with no call. I sometimes struggle with anxiety and it was majorly kicking in that day. Finally at 1:30, I told Craw I needed to go take a shower. What I really did was got in the shower, cried my eyes out, prayed, and BEGGED God to let the call come. It was the most surreal experience I have ever had with God. I vividly remember a chill coming over me and hearing him say "I am good, and I am good at being God. Now let me do my thing and you be still. I've never let you down before and I'm not going to let you down today."


When I got out of the shower, I scrolled through Instagram and I saw where Natalie Grant had shared the following verse:


"The Lord will fight for you; You need only to be still."
Exodus 14:14


In that moment, I knew the call was coming. I grabbed my phone and immediately selected "King of My Heart" by Kutless to play. That was my favorite song and we played it in the hospital the day we met Camden. Just like I heard God telling me those words in the shower, the song got to the chorus and I heard "you are good. you're never gonna let me down."
And then my phone rang.
We had approval and could leave to head home that day!


I've never had anything like that happen to me before where I felt like I could physically hear God speaking directly to me. Little did I know that while I was in the shower, Craw was also listening to that song. It was a good day and within an hour, we had the car packed up and were headed home.


We drove halfway on Thursday and stayed in a hotel that night. We woke up the next day and finished the drive. I will do a separate post of homecoming pictures but for now, enjoy our pictures from our last week in Florida.













 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments