The Mama that made me a Mama

It is not lost on me that there is a woman, somewhere in the United States, that thinks about Camden daily. She has no idea his name is Camden or that he is living in NC. She probably often wonders what he looks like, did he find a good home, is he loved, is he healthy, etc.

This woman, wherever she is, is my HERO.
This woman is Camden's birth mama.

We never got to meet her. Our adoption is a closed one so I'm not sure that we ever will. I like to think that maybe one day I can meet her because there is so much I would love to tell her. For starters, I want her to know how much we love her. She chose to carry a healthy baby boy full term when we all know she could have easily chosen another path. I don't know what her circumstances were that made her feel adoption was the best option for her son but all I know is I literally owe everything to her. Her sacrifice made me a mama.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and what she is doing. It was my prayer from the very beginning that God would give her peace that her son found a loving home. We will always honor her in our home and when Camden is old enough to understand, we will talk about her and tell him what we do know about her. Craw and I knew from the very beginning we wanted to be as transparent as possible with Camden when he gets older and it excites me to one day tell him about his birth mama.

I'm very passionate about honoring all birth moms. I know that not all babies are born in to ideal circumstances and some babies are exposed to harsh drugs. It's so important that these mamas not be judged but be loved instead. Adoption is the gateway to showing the love of Jesus to women (and men) that may be living in some tough circumstances that haven't always made the best choices. 
After all, isn't that what Jesus wants us to do?
 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments