Two.

 

Two
How can this be possible?
It seems like yesterday we were on our way to Florida to get our boy. The past two years have been the best of my entire life. I feel like every mom says that but it is so true. This blue eyed, one dimple cutie changed my life for the better. He gives me insane amounts of joy and I cannot imagine my life without Camden Ivey.

I feel like the last year went even faster than the first. Watching him grow and learn new things is so much fun. He is BEYOND smart. We are at the point where we have to be careful what we say and do in front of him because he will imitate us the first time hearing/seeing it. The way he connects things to people and events is incredible. He knows that church is where we go to learn about God. He also knows that he's going to see his Mimi and Pappy when we go to church and starts saying Mimi/Pappy when we pull in to the parking lot. He recognizes all of his family members and will call them each by name. He is talking well and starting to combine words together to create phrases. He loves people and is generally happy to be around any and everyone. While he loves people, he also knows who "his" people are and he loves us fiercely. He tells me he loves me every time I leave him and hearing him say it melts my heart.

The reason I write these updates is because I want him to be able to look back one day and see just how much he changed my life. People always tell us that he is one blessed boy to have us as parents and while I believe that is true, Craw and I are FAR MORE BLESSED to have him as a son. I always say that God saved me by sending us Camden. He gave me a purpose behind the pain of living with Crohns because the fact is, my Crohns disease led us to Camden. 

All of this to say...

Happy Birthday baby boy. I pray you will always know how much I love you. You are the best gift I have ever received, next to your daddy. I'm so thankful for my perfect gifts. Cheers to the year of being 2 and watching you learn and grow.
Love, Mama

 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments