Mini Beach Getaway

Craw and I were able to sneak away to the beach on Thursday night for a wonderful long weekend away. It was the first time either of us have seen the beach all summer and it was surely needed. This has been a hectic summer and almost every weekend has been jam packed with stuff to do so it was nice to get away just the two of us with zero plans. We left around 10 pm Thursday night and arrived a little after midnight at my parents beach house.  We woke up Friday morning and made a quick grocery store run so that we could pack the cooler with drinks and sandwiches and hit the beach for the day. It was the BEST day! We would eat, swim, sleep, and then repeat! What more could you ask for?
Friday night, we went on a date night to the Red Fish in Morehead and it was delicious. Craw had never eaten there before and he complimented everything he ate. It was seriously the best meal I have had in a long time!

Saturday was overcast and rainy so we slept in and then left to go shopping. We drove down the coast stopping in little shops, grabbed some lunch, and then shopped some more. We also stopped in for a little treat at Happycakes Cupcakery and indulged in some delicious cupcakes.

My favorite part of the weekend was being on my own schedule. I was able to get in a GLORIOUS nap on Saturday and its safe to say Hank took one as well.


It was such a wonderful weekend and we are already looking forward to going back with my family. I posted yesterday on Facebook that it is so important to continue to date your spouse. Craw mentioned several times this weekend how nice it was to get away from all the distractions and just focus on us and I couldn't agree more.
 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments