Camden Ivey | First Beach Experience

Finally getting around to blogging about Camden's first beach experience last weekend. We took a trip to the beach about 2 months ago but did not see the ocean because it was too cold. Taking our boy to see the ocean for the first time has been a dream of mine since the day we got him. I knew I wanted him to see it with both Craw and I present the first time so we made it happen.

We both got off work at 12 on Friday so we were at the beach by 4:00. It was so nice to beat the rush and get to enjoy dinner in Emerald Isle. We decided to eat at a sports bar and enjoyed wings and burgers for dinner. Camden did so great at the restaurant. I know there will probably come a day when meals will be stressful but he is such a happy baby so he loves to sit and stare. We ended the night with a golf cart ride. Hank was in heaven (his fave thing to do) and Camden enjoyed taking in all the sights.

Saturday morning was a lazy morning. We watched the royal wedding and just enjoyed not having a single thing to do. We weren't sure about the weather so we decided to go ahead and head to the beach. First mom fail was me not trying on his bathing suit before we left. WAY TOO BIG! Luckily it was too cold for him to get in the water. Camden was MESMORIZED by the sand. I thought he would be interested in the ocean because of the sounds but the ocean didn't even phase him. However, he was fixated on the sand. It was so cute! We spent about 30 minutes on the beach because it was high tide and overcast and we didn't want him to get any sun.

We will be back down for an extended stay in a few weeks and I have a beach tent that we can put up. I can't wait to take him back as I know he is going to love it just as much as I do. The rest of the day we relaxed at the house. It was so nice to just be together as a family with no distractions. We decided to go to Swansboro for dinner and eat at the Icehouse. Craw and I split steak/shrimp and it was delicious. We ended the night with a ride to Jacksonville to get Krispy Kreme.

Sunday morning we woke up and ate breakfast before packing up to head home. We wanted to get home early enough to tackle some cleaning before the work week started. We had the absolute best weekend and I cant wait to go back soon.











Beach naps are the best naps!
 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments