Adoption Story Part Four: Our first week


In case you missed them:

The first week was spent with Shannon and her family. We arrived at Shannon's house on Friday night and Craw's parents surprised us by driving down to Florida to meet their first grandchild. They arrived Saturday around lunch time and it was so exciting to see Camden meet his Lulu and Papa Al. It was so sweet to see them fall in love with Camden the same way Craw and I did. Camden also had his first pediatrician check up that morning and had already surpassed his birth weight so we were doing something right.

Craw had to fly home Sunday afternoon for work and saying goodbye was one of the hardest things I've ever done. I cried for hours. I could not pull myself together but it was nice that Craws parents were still there so I at least did have some help. They stayed with me all day Sunday and went back to their hotel Sunday night. The first night alone wasn't bad at all because Camden was actually a pretty good sleeper from the very beginning.

We spent all day Monday with Craw's parents getting in some last minute snuggles. They were leaving to drive back home Monday night so I wanted to soak up all the time I could with them before they left. They even helped me take Camden to his newborn photo shoot. I will do a separate post with all of those pictures.

Saying goodbye to Craw's parents was hard because that meant I was truly on my own. I still had Shannon and her mom there to help me but it's not quite the same when it's not your family. I spent Tuesday just lounging around with Camden. We made a Target run and surprisingly he did okay...only one major meltdown.

Wednesday was the day I was looking forward to all week long. My parents were coming and it was perfect timing because I was feeling really homesick by this point. They arrived around lunch time and those first few moments of my mom and dad meeting my baby boy will always be etched in my memory. It was amazing to have them in Florida with me. My parents will be known as Mimi and Pappy or whatever Camden decides to call them.

We found out later that night that Shannon and her family received travel approval so that meant we needed to find another place to stay. I immediately hopped on VRBO because that is how Shannon found her house. Once again, God had a perfect plan and I was able to find us a NICE house in a NICE area for an unbelievable price. It also worked out nicely that my parents were there and could help me pack up and move to the new place which was about 30 minutes away from where we were currently staying.

While the first week may not have been ideal without Craw with me, I survived and I learned that I would do anything for my baby boy. I would not have made it through without our family and Shannon's family helping me.

Here are some pictures from our first week.


Papa Al and Lulu








Mimi and Pappy
 







 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments