PUZZLE PIECE FUNDRAISER RECAP


On the first day of August, I announced that we were kicking off an August fundraising challenge. The plan was to see how many puzzle pieces we could get sponsored in 31 days with each piece being $25. Craw and I designed our own 250 piece puzzle and the ultimate goal was to have all 250 pieces sponsored in August.

To say I was nervous to begin this fundraiser would be the understatement of the century. You can ask all of my friends. Would we be able to get all 250 pieces sponsored? Was I setting the bar too high? Was $25 a piece too much? Was I annoying people by my social media posts? And the list goes on...

The first week was a huge success and it definitely started to calm my fears a little bit. While the goal of 250 pieces was still a long ways off, we were at least getting closer with 94 pieces sponsored the first week.

Week two was when the doubt and fear started to creep in. Six days in to the second week and we had only sold 4 pieces. I started to really question if the goal of 250 was feasible and if the success of the first week was just a fluke. And just when I started to question everything, God showed off and in ONE day, we sold 36 pieces ending week two at 134 pieces.

The third week was a little slower paced but I also took a step back from social media to enjoy a mini vacay with Craw. I also wanted to make sure I wasn't annoying everybody with my posting. We ended week three at 150 pieces which was a blessing. However, that meant that the last week and a half of August, we needed to get 100 pieces sponsored if we were going to meet or August goal.

Craw and I knew that there were many people that were waiting until the end to give. We also noticed that social media played a BIG roll in encouraging people to give. We did a live video during week four updating friends and family on where we were in the process and also updating them on our August fundraiser and all of a sudden, more people started giving.

And this is the part I know you have all been waiting for...

.......drumroll please.......

All 250 pieces have been sponsored!!!

How incredible is that? I am in awe of God and how much he loves us and how much all of the people around us love us. Craw and I both received donations from people we have never met, friends from high school that we haven't talked to SINCE high school, friends of friends of friends, and the list goes on. It's truly beautiful how much love we have received.

So...from the very bottom of our hearts, we say THANK YOU. In fact, thank you is not enough but I don't know what else to say. You have ALL helped us get one step closer to bringing home Baby Bolton and we cannot thank you enough.

 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments