Weekend Recap

Before I get started on the weekend recap, I wanted to show a picture of our first snow in the new house. It was more ice than snow but it was still pretty since we both had the day off and got to spend the day together being lazy. Love me a snow day!!
This was about 1-1.5 inches of straight ice.
This weekend was extremely busy. We had our Annual Missions Conference at church which is a weekend in which we raise money/pledges to support missionaries across the world. We also host about 5 missionaries each year that get to speak and give updates on what they are doing in other countries. It is such a rewarding and enlightening weekend. I participated in a skit Friday night and it was a lot of fun. 
When I got home Friday, I saw this on my doorsteps. Christmas in February!!!
I had my dress cleaned and preserved. Kind of sad that it's all boxed up and will probably never be worn again because let's face it, very few daughters wear their mothers dresses.
We finally got our new upholstered bed. The headboard came on Friday and the frame arrived on Saturday. Let me just, putting this bed together was extremely difficult and time consuming. It was definitely worth it in the end.
Slowly but surely the room is getting there...
Saturday was filled with birthday parties and more missions conference.
Sweet Luke turned two.  It has been such a joy watching this boy grow.  I remember the day he was born and I love that I get to spend every birthday with him.  I can't wait till Crawford and I one day have children that Luke gets to play with...even though he will be much older.  He does have a brother/sister on the way! :)  It was also Tuckers birthday and he turned two as well.  Luke and Tucker were born on the exact same day...kinda cool.  Sadly, I don't have a picture of Tucker but it has been fun getting to know him and his parents over the past month.  I just love my nursery babies!!

Sunday after church, we RELAXED! Isn't that what you are supposed to do on the Sabbath?

I really did have an awesome weekend filled with some of the people I love most.  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend as well.

No comments