First Look with Dad

On the day I got engaged, I knew two things.  1. I didn't want Crawford to see me before the church doors opened and 2. I didn't want my dad to see my dress until the big day.  Keeping my dress a secret from my dad was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  We kept my dress at my Nanny's house just so I wasn't tempted to show him.  I had in my head exactly how I wanted that moment to go and I must say, it went PERFECT!  I had a tie patch made that said "Dad, I loved you first. 11-8-14" and sewed it to the back of a tie that I bought him.  I told him that I would be giving him his tie on the day of the wedding.  Those that know my dad, know that he is 100% dressed ALL THE TIME! It nearly killed him to not be able to see it before the wedding but I can honestly say he was glad I waited.  It was one of the most special calm moments before the crazy started and I will forever remember that "first look" with my dad.  Here are some of my favorite pictures.

 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments