Goals for 2015 {Five on Friday}

To be honest, I am not a big resolution kind of girl. I guess after years and years of making them and not really thinking about them again after January 1st, I really don't see the point. I DO, however, like setting goals for myself. Attainable goals, that is. So here are my 2015 goals:

1. Buy/Build a Shed
Disclaimer: I will definitely not be the one building a shed!! 
When we bought our house in April, it did not have a shed. Our neighbor (aka pastor that married us) lives next door and has graciously let us borrow his loan mower. Our top priority is buying and building a shed within the next 3 months so that we don't have to keep borrowing and have a little space of our own. We actually had a Stock the Shed shower (yeah, I laughed too) and as a result, we have a wheel barrow and chain saw in our office. This shed is TOP PRIORIYY!

2. Be Healthy
This goal is not to lose weight, although that would be nice too. This goal is to get/be healthy. To make healthier lifestyle choices. I fully believe that by making healthier lifestyle choices, the weight loss will be an added benefit. All I really care about is being healthy. Crawford and I have decided that this is something we will work towards together. 

3. Stain deck/Pressure Wash House
You are probably laughing but this is actually a goal. While it sounds more like a chore, it is something that our house needs and so I have made it a goal.

4. 1 Devotional Series with Crawford
This was actually Crawfords idea and I loved it. It is so easy to get busy with life that you lose that personal time. For 2015, we plan to pick out a book or a couples devotional and study it together. Any suggestions?

5. Be Present
My biggest goal for 2015 is to be more present in all situations. I am guilty for always being on my phone and zoning people out. My goal is to try harder to actually sit back and listen with no distractions. This may mean leaving the phone in the car or putting it on silent. 

Today, I am linking up with 
for Five on Friday

4 comments

  1. I agree with all of these! Especially numbers 2 & 3! I don't need to lose weight, but I definitely NEED to be healthier! Pressure washing the house/ staining the deck is NOT insane- we in fact, have to do the same. Only the deck will probably need to be replaced as a whole. Now to figure out how to get to the second story for pressure washing...

    Happy New Year!! -Dorrie @ Bear Den Plantation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Luckily we don't have a second story but I could imagine that would be difficult. Good luck on the deck situation.

      Delete
  2. great goals! i love the last one :) i need to work on that too. xo jillian - stop by! I'm hosting a giveaway on cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete