{Five on Friday}

{ONE- IMPROMPTU GATHERINGS}
I mentioned here that we ended up having an impromptu football party at our house on Sunday night.  Every time we actually try to plan a get together, someone cannot come.  However, randomly start calling people and inviting them over for dinner and football and magically everyone is able to come.  I LOVE IT!  I also got to love on all their little ones and we even let them get in our bed and watch TV.
SO CUTE!!


{TWO- HANK GOT A FRESH CUT}
Hank was LONG overdue for a groom.  He is definitely one of the fluffiest dogs I know and his mane can often times get out of control.
See what I mean?  It is insane but once his hair grows out, we can no longer see his eyes.  We had planned to get him cut 2 weeks ago but with his annual shots, we felt it would be best to wait.  We wanted to try a new groomer in town called Yuppy Puppy so Crawford called and made him an appointment.  Let me just say, Yuppy Puppy is AWESOME. If you are a local Wilsonian or are near the area, I highly recommend Yuppy Puppy.  The staff is extremely nice and just make you feel right at home as soon as you walk in the door.  I also think that Hank got one of the best cuts he has ever gotten.  They also take a picture of your dog and post it to their facebook page.  I love it!! Seriously, check them out.

{THREE- THE MANTEL}
Now that fall, Thanksgiving, and Christmas are over, I have been struggling with how I wanted to decorate our mantel.  It was full with all kinds of pretty decorations at Christmas and ever since we put up the decorations, it has been BLAH. It needed some serious help.  I wasn't sure how I wanted to decorate it but I knew that I wanted to do something that I could keep up for a while so I didn't want to do anything themed.  I already had a gorgeous yellow mirror on the mantle before Christmas so I decided to mix and match some different items that I already had on hand along with some items I found at Hobby Lobby.  It is not 100% finished but it is definitely getting there.  I welcome your thoughts/suggestions.

Candle Sticks, Hand Lettered Picture: Hobby Lobby
Mirror: 5thandSmith
Letter B: Gifted by a friend

{FOUR- IT IS WELL}
I have been listening to this song on repeat ALL WEEK LONG.  Rebekah introduced me to it months ago and I liked it then but I only listened to it once.  About a month ago, I pulled up the lyrics at work and listened to the whole song.  I literally sat at my desk with tears flowing.  It is so uplifting and encouraging and pretty much sums up my prayer for my life right now.  My favorite part of the whole song is "Far be it from me to not believe, even when my eyes can't see. And this mountain thats in front of me, will be thrown into the midst of the sea." Such powerful words.  We all face mountains. Every. Single. Day. It is so encouraging to know that through all the hard times, all we have to do is release our fears and trust in Him and it is well.  May not always be the outcome we hope for but He has a greater plan for us.
#truth

{FIVE- BOLTON WEEKEND}
This weekend, we plan to spend some much needed time with Crawfords family.  I love when we get to see them because I feel like time slows down when we are with them.  I am able to enjoy every single minute without having to worry about cleaning the house, running errands, or going here and there.  Crawford would probably disagree with that because he feels like we don't see them enough which is also true.  They only live about 45 minutes away so we try to see them at least twice a month.   It is going to be a great weekend!!


Today, I am linking up with 

 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

2 comments

  1. Hank is adorable! Is he a schnoodle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! He is a morkie but I can definitely see the resemblance to a schnoodle in this picture.

      Delete