Becoming Homeowners


The day Crawford proposed, he was currently living in a one bedroom apartment.  About a month into our engagement, we started talking about where we wanted to live once we were married.  We probably could have made it work in his apartment but it would have been tight and we would have been miserable.  I actually think we probably would have needed to rent out a storage unit.  We started looking in to whether or not we wanted to rent or buy and had pretty much decided that something would work out in Gods timing.  We honestly were not looking to buy at the time, it sort of just happened.

In early March of 2014, our pastor that married us asked us to come over to his house.  When we got there, he walked us over to the house next door and he had taped a sign to the mailbox that stated "The Boltons" as well as baked us a plate of cookies.  It was hilarious.  He told us that the house has been empty for about 3 months and told us that he would love to have us as neighbors.  We were able to peak through the windows and it looked nice. The next day, Crawford called the realtor and made an appointment to view the house. Within 3 days, we were officially under contract. We closed on April 16, 2014 and were officially first time homeowners. 

The cliche key picture. Also, the purple door was the first to go.
The house was in great shape minus some needed painting. Luckily, my dad and papa love to paint and they graciously helped us paint every room in our house. We painted the entire house in 2 days. AWESOME! We have spent the past 10 months slowly making the house our own. Decorating is a work in progress.  The pictures below are pictures we took the day we closed.

Hank is not quite sure about this new place.

He loves the big window.
One of the previous owners "flipped" the house about 2 years ago so as you can see, the house has some awesome updated finishings and decor.  

Hard at work, painting away.
The day our refrigerator arrived.  As a side note, my moms father started a CD for me the day I was born.  He died when I was only two.  I was able to use the money from the CD to buy our fridge so I think about him every time I see it.  I love the fact that even though I do not remember him, I see a little of him every day.
 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments