Wedding Q & A


When are you getting married? 
We are getting married on November 8, 2014.  Exactly 17 days, 2o hours, 33 minutes and 49 seconds from now but who is counting?

Got the marriage license this week!!

How did you meet?  
We met at Mount Olive College (now University of Mount Olive) while playing cornhole.  It was my sophomore year and his freshman year. I blogged about that night here.

What is your Engagement Story?  
We got engaged on November  11th, 2013 in Crawfords apartment.  It was not planned and very spontaneous.  He had a very elaborate proposal planned for 2 weeks later but the minute he got the ring in his hand, he knew he could not wait.  WE CANT KEEP SECRETS and I was totally catching on.  So in his gym shorts, tank top, and flip flops, he got down on one knee and after some lovey dovey words, he asked the million dollar question.  I of course said YES!


Where are you going on your honeymoon?
Crawford and I are going to St. Lucia through Sandals.  I CANNOT WAIT!

How many bridesmaids did you choose? How did you go about choosing them? 
I have six bridesmaids.  Hillary (sister) is my Maid of Honor and that one was a no brainer.  Rebekah is my Matron of Honor and has been my best friend since the day she was born...2 weeks after me.  Jennifer has been my "big sister" my whole life and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding back in 2008.  Kat, Alex, and Alyssa are my best friends/roommates from college.   Picking my bridesmaids was probably the easiest task of the entire wedding and it worked out perfectly with Craw's groomsmen.

The day I revealed my dress to my bridesmaids.

What is your color scheme, and what made you choose it? 
My color scheme is everything fall.  It is my absolute favorite season and my wedding had to be a fall wedding.
Cranberry red is the color my girls will be wearing and they will be carrying yellow sunflowers.  The church will be decorated with mums so there will be tons of reds, yellows, and oranges.

What are you looking forward to the most? 
I would have to say that the moment I am looking forward to most would be when the church doors open and I see Crawford.  I find myself trying to envision that moment all the time but I just cannot fathom it.  Definitely going to be an emotional moment for me.

What is the most stressful thing about planning your wedding?
The most stressful part of planning the wedding was by far the guest list.  We started out by each submitting our list of names and that just did NOT work.  We were at about 400 people.  We then had to sit down and start cutting people out.  It was terrible.  We finally settled on a final number but it was by far the hardest part.  I can say that we warned that it would be tough.

No comments