My Baby is ONE

One year ago today, you entered this world at 6:24 AM. You were born 7 hours before your daddy and I ever knew you existed. While I don't know your birth mother, I like to imagine her as this beautiful angel that knew we needed you and that you needed us. It was 1:33 pm when I got the call from the agency that changed our life. It was that moment when my heart was filled with so much love for a little 7 pound 12 ounce baby boy that was waiting on his mama and daddy in Florida. The agency sent us the cutest pictures of you and I studied every inch of you from those pictures. I couldn't wait to hold you in my arms.

We arrived in Florida the next morning and anxiously awaited the moment we would meet you. My heart was beating so fast and I could hardly concentrate on all of the papers we were signing. At 11:12 am on January 18th, we met you for the first time and I'm pretty sure time stood still. This is what I like to call your "gotcha" day because it was the moment where I realized you were my baby.

The past year has been the fastest of my life. The first couple of months was us trying to figure out your schedule which seemed to constantly change. We went with the flow and you were the best baby. You rarely cried unless you were hungry or hot and you slept good from moment we met you. We also spent the first 5 months trying to finalize your adoption which was made official on June 28th. That's the day we call our "forever family day" and it was a huge milestone. The next six months were spent watching you grow from a baby to a toddler. The moment you learned how to crawl, you were everywhere. You've always been our active baby. Your personality and smile still melt me and I like to say that you are our happy baby.

You are our perfect miracle and proof that God's timing is always perfect. We prayed for you every single night and never in my wildest dreams did I think God would answer our prayers so quickly in the process. Watching you grow has been the greatest adventure of a lifetime for your daddy and I and we can't wait to see all of the new things you learn this year.

Happy Birthday my sweet boy. I pray that you will live a long and healthy life filled with love, joy, and following God's calling. He has BIG plans for you and it is our honor to watch them unfold. We love you more than all the toys in Walmart.  











 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments