First Fathers Day | 2018

A little late posting this but Craw's first Fathers Day was one to remember. While our original plans did not work out, I think its safe to say he enjoyed his day. The original plans were to be at the beach for Fathers Day. I went down on Wednesday and Craw was supposed to join us on Friday. However, the stomach bug hit Craw, my dad, and I all at the exact same time and we were all 3 in separate places at the time. It was a rough 24 hours and we decided that spending the weekend in a trailer with a baby after being super sick probably wasn't the smartest idea. I left to go home on Saturday and enjoyed a relaxing day with Craw and Camden.

Since we had planned to be at the beach, we did not have our usual church responsibilities so we decided to skip church on Fathers Day and spend the morning together as a family. We also didn't want to take a chance of spreading any more germs at church. We had a lazy morning and Craw wanted the Creamery for lunch so that is exactly what we did.

After lunch, I took a nap with Camden and Craw watched TV. We went to see my dad for a little while that afternoon. We had already made plans to celebrate with dad a week later (since we were all sick) but I knew I wanted to get some pictures with him on his first Fathers Day as a Pappy.

After we left my parents house, we met Craws family for dinner. It was such a great night spending time with family and I love the pictures we were able to get.

One thing that I love is Craw mentioned several times how special Fathers Day was to him. A year ago, we had just decided to adopt and he mentioned several times that we could have missed out on Camden if we hadn't listened to God calling us to adoption. Craw is the absolute best daddy, as I knew he would be, and he is super intentional about spending quality time with Camden. For his gift, we gave him a new Columbia hat and 2 new polo shirts.


Craw, we love you so much and are so thankful to have you as the leader of our family. You are the best daddy and I cant wait to see how these next months and years unfold with you by my side.










 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments