Thanksgiving 2017

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are having a tough time getting back in to the swing of things today. Craw and I had Friday off so we had a 4 day weekend and it was glorious. We kicked off Thanksgiving weekend by heading to see Craw's family on Wednesday night to eat. This was the dinner that GG always hosted and when she passed, Craw's mom took over the hosting duties. We had a great time seeing his extended family and enjoying a family fun game night. We headed back home later that night to prepare for Thanksgiving day.
We woke up Thursday morning and Craw made cinnamon rolls and we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade together. We usually make a butter braid but we sadly did not get one this year to cook on Thanksgiving morning. For lunch, we went to my Aunt Debbie's house and enjoyed lunch with all of my family. I sadly realized that we take lots of pictures with my family but not enough with Craw's family. We need to change that for Christmas.
Craw and I went back to his family's house Thursday night for another family dinner. Sadly, I did not take any pictures. We went Black Friday shopping super late Thursday night and we enjoyed our time. However, I got to a point where I lost all of my energy and all I wanted was my bed. Three Thanksgiving meals and driving back and forth will do that to you.
Friday we decorated for Christmas and I am loving my two new adoption ornaments from mom and Mama Teri.
For our anniversary, I bought Craw tickets to the State/UNC game. We went on Saturday and we had the BEST date day. That game was a little scary the first half but State pulled out the WIN.
We finished out the weekend with a low key day on Sunday. I snapped this picture of sweet Hank and it is for sure one of my new favorites. Craw and I talked about how this is hopefully our last Thanksgiving as a family of three. Next year, we hope to have a little baby tagging along with us and we absolutely cannot wait!

 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments