NC Zoo Weekend

 
I've been dreaming of taking Camden to the zoo all year. I knew I wanted to wait until the weather cooled off some and we had the the absolute PERFECT day in September. It was sunny and mid 70s all day and my parents and sister joined us for the fun family outing. We took Friday off so it wasn't crowded at all.
 
Cam LOVES animals. This summer, he learned most animal names and the sounds they make. It has been so fun listening to him say nay, moo, meow, woof, roar, and my personal favorites...sticking his tongue out over and over for the lizard sound and pretending to have an elephant trunk that sprays water. It's the cutest thing and I knew he would enjoy going to the zoo.
 
I decided to set my expectations low for the day since I wasn't sure how he would do in the stroller. He surprisingly did great but he definitely loved being able to get out and walk. We bought him a backpack harness and that helped with letting him have freedom but keeping him close to us. He got tired after lunch and took about an hour nap in the stroller which was perfect.
 
His absolute favorite exhibit was the polar bear. He stood there for a long time mesmerized by the polar bear swimming and flipping in the water. Sadly the giraffe and zebra exhibit was closed so we did not get to see them but there is always next time. We let him ride the carousel and he wasn't a fan. It truly was the perfect day with family.

Saturday morning Craw took Cam to Louisburg to see his family and also see the horses. I love seeing Cam's reaction to the horses and I sure wish GG was here to know him. We ended the day with a date night to the NC State football game. It was the best weekend with my sweet little fam.  
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments