A Season of Waiting


Patience. I would definitely say this is one of my biggest struggles. I've often been told not to pray for patience as the only way to truly learn to be patient is to go through times of waiting. We are in a season of waiting right now. And if I'm being honest, it's tough. Waking up each day wondering if today is the day we will get the phone call saying a birth mom has chosen us is hard. I try not to think about it too much but it crosses my mind at least once a day.

The fact is, the entire adoption process is just one big waiting game. It first started with waiting to get approved by the agency. Then we had to wait for the home study to be completed. Then we had to wait for the agency to receive our profile book. And now, we are waiting for the phone call officially saying we are matched. After that, we will wait for the due date, then wait for the 48 hour revocation period to pass once the baby is born, then wait to receive permission to travel home, then wait for a court date to legally become a family. See what I mean? All we do is wait.

I will say that this season of waiting has really made me stop and put 100% of my trust in God. It's easy to let doubt creep in and take over when you are in a season of waiting. Is 2018 really our year to bring home our baby? What if a birth mom doesn't like our book? Is there somebody out there that will like our book? How soon will the birth mom be due? Will we be able to find a place to stay relatively cheap when the time comes to go get the baby? ALL THE QUESTIONS!

When my mind starts to wonder and doubt starts to take over, I literally have to shut my brain off and start praying. Even if it's in the middle of the work day and I'm sitting at my desk in the middle of a project, I close my eyes and start praying. I also start quoting scripture. I do whatever it takes to get the doubt and fear out of mind. I also try to stay busy! It's tough...but it works!


I'm hoping and praying that we hear something soon. But if not, I know that God's timing is perfect and we need to be patient. What's that saying?
"Patience is a virtue"?
I can see why!
 photo signature_zps6fb6277e.png

No comments